Monday, February 20, 2012

Happy President's Day!

Hey there bloggers! I know you were all devastated that I didn't blog for a long time (totally joking! Don't take me seriously), but you don't have to be sad anymore! :) Smile! Be happy!
Anyways....So, it was President's Day weekend this...weekend. Haha. It was super awesome because I didn't have to worry about school today! Best day EVER! I mean....darn! I wish I could have gone to school. Yeah.... It's really not worth pretending. OK! Positive! So Saturday night, me and my roommate decided to attend and Aggie basketball game! Woo! Go Aggies! It was super fun to be with my roommate and to sit in front of some funny guys and to sit behind a couple of my guy friends who are pretty crazy. ;) (I love you guys) Yeah it was tons of fun even though the Aggies lost.
Ok, now we were walking home and holy cow: it was snowing! Like...A LOT and pretty crazy! So of course, me and my roommate decided to play in it. But we were doing it in style. We made a video called "Winter Wonderland" and if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend you watch it. :) (it's on Facebook btw) We had so much fun! Making snow angels, creeping on a couple dancing....oh yeah! :) Haha
Ok, now Sunday. So for this whole week I was preparing a lesson for Relief Society. It was on Joseph Smith and it was so amazing! I learned so much and my testimony just grew so much! It was the funnest lesson I have ever prepared! And I want to thank my roommate for being willing to sing for my lesson. It was very much appreciated. :) I love her, especially for that. Alright, so since we didn't have school tomorrow, me and my roommate decided to see how late we could stay up. We watched 2 movies to help us stay up. The movies we watched were "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" and "I Hate Valentine's Day". They both are pretty good movies. Oh and we only stayed up till 2:30 in the morning. :)
Now that brings me to today! :) Me and my roommate woke up at......noon. (don't judge us) It was so fantastic to sleep in and catch up on some sleep. Let me tell ya! After we woke up, we decided maybe we should get ready for the day and go shopping for some food. Wal Mart baby!! We got our food and headed back to our apartment and ate some pizza. Mmm mm good! Then all we did was just bum...on our computers till about 5:20. And that's when I found out that I needed to be at the church at 6 if I wanted to be in my ward's talent show. :/ Talk about getting ready super fast! Haha.  Well at 6, we were at the church and I practice the song I was planning on performing in the talent show, "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban, (love him).  At 7:30, the talent show started. Oh gosh. It was so much fun! I wasn't nervous at all and my friends gave me a standing ovation! It was just so super fun! And to see everyone else's talents, oh it was great! I especially loved what these 2 girls did. They created like a Disney medley. It was so cute! One of the girls sounded exactly like Snow White, the mice on Cinderella, and the weird noised birds in Little Mermaid. It was just a super cute performance. And I love everyone in my ward! They are so nice! Haha. They give great compliments too, btw. :) It was a really fun night.
OH! Ok, so me and my roommate borrowed "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" from a friend downstairs so we go down there to return it. We get to the 3rd floor and there's this kid who demands to know where my roommate is from. She says Idaho and he's happy because he's from Idaho as well. He then asks me if I was from Idaho and I say "No. I'm from Wyoming. Yeah!!" You know, I take pride in the state I'm from. Well then he says "Oh, steers and queers come from Wyoming." :o What in the gadfree am I supposed to say to that? I don't even know this kid and he's saying stuff like that! And he doesn't just say it once, he says it multiple times! Thank heavens I had friends down there! One of them stood up and said "Dude, that's not true. She is from Wyoming and she is a beautiful, talented girl." And he gives me a hug. A true man! Anyways...I doubt I will ever speak to that Idahoan again. But I appreciate the guy who stood up for me. :)
Anyways....President's Day weekend was a really super fun weekend and I am so thankful for the friends I have here. They make life up here just so fun and enjoyable. :) I love you guys!
Oh and for my sister who asked about the institute guy....there's a cute guy in my institute class on Mondays and Wednesdays. My roommate and I are practically in love with him....haha. :)

2 comments: